Translate

Monday, April 30, 2018

Fairytale Florals Card!


Hello, friends! I hope you're enjoying a truly wonderful day! I'm presenting on the Maja Design Blog today, and I'm excited to share a new card. I have a friend in need of something special for a loved one battling a serious illness, so I've created this in hopes of providing a bit of cheer to her day. I gave quite a bit of thought to which papers to use, and for this project I am inspired by the beautiful pastels of the Sofiero collection.


It's almost impossible to show glitter effects in photos (I rarely use it), but this card has glittery sparkle within the bouquet tumbling down the center for a 'fairytale' feel. The flowers are a mix of Prima and handmade. You'll find the two that are handmade at the bottom of the floral spray, which are my first attempt at Foamiran flowers.


A label die and hand punched lace anchor the florals at the right edge.


The sentiment stamp below seems perfect for this project.


A loopy twine bow adds a feminine flourish. I love including bows of all types, and rarely feel like a card is finished without one. The interior provides ample of space for a personal message.
Thank you so much for being here with me today! It's such an honor that you stopped in for a visit. I send wishes for gentle spring breezes and many happy hours in your own cozy craft space. 

Hugs, 


Maja Design Papers Used: 


Other Products Used: Heartfelt Creations Flower Die and Stamps, Foamiran, Tim Holtz Inks, Prima Flowers and Nest, Martha Stewart Glitter, Martha Stewart Lace Edge Punch, Spellbinders Labels Die, Archival Ink, Sentiment Stamp, Twine, Adhesive, Sewing Machine, Thread. 

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/user/MajaDesignChannel

4 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy, I have been away and of course the arty withdrawal symptoms were eased when I saw this card! The way you have mixed the media for the blooms is wonderful they all go together so well. What do you think of the foam, I had fun a few weeks back making delicate roses, it is a very different material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Helly! I like the foam but it’s definitely different from the way I make my paper flowers. The first time I ordered it I got the wrong thickness, so had to re-order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thicker foam works better if you gently stretch and stretch it then roll and rub and scrunch it. Seems to soften the foam and it takes on a better shape, especially for roses where you want to curl the edges and ink them. I am starting to understand the medium and enjoy using it, bit after a fair bit of practicing! I look forward to seeing your designs using more foam. Yet to order the silk foam but I think that is probably easier to use for a more shabby delicate look. Thanks for replying Nance....Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the spelling mistakes Nancy, it is the end of a long day!

    ReplyDelete